by Leszczynska

mastermind

I'm an artist and freelance animator living in Edinburgh, Scotland.
For the portfolio of my work visit: willanimateforwine.com

10/30/2012

9284


(I really set off with "let's just make a quick doodle with max 4 flat colours, then 2 hours passed I don't know when and suddenly I had that. I'm over-doing this recently)

My first 'job' in my life, I got paid in chocolate and kind, when I was a young teenage I was re-painting names on old graves where the paint faded or crumbled away. It was the most fun job in my life, and last year I have worked on a series for Disney Channel.

It was done in October, so they're renovated for All Saints in November, so it was freezing cold, especially sitting on the grave stones. That's the part I wasn't proud of, but one just had to sit on them, there was no way of doing it standing up for so many hours. So sat there, cleaned the stone of all dirt and meticulously painted letter after letter, thinking about these people and times, so long gone. And I'd warm my hands over the candle flame. That was probably what gave me an idea I'd want to study conservation and renovation of art at the time.

I would do it again, it was cold, but really peaceful.

For someone who doesn't even speak Polish that well, I'm feeling very Polish this time of the year. Quite likely because I despise Halloween: it's loud fun and about zombies. When All Saint's all quiet, mournful contemplation of the mystery of life. But for all I know, they may be celebrating Halloween in Poland nowadays too. One Halloween thing I approve of is pumpkin pie, just because I'm a baker. 



(for an artist, I'm utterly rubbish at decorating cakes)



No comments:

Post a Comment