by Leszczynska

mastermind

I'm an artist and freelance animator living in Edinburgh, Scotland.
For the portfolio of my work visit: willanimateforwine.com

5/09/2012

9110/ Today in full colour:

I haven't done it for a long, long time. Ironically, not since I went to art school. I only did it now because I have some leftover canvas, and a whole set of paints (although they all needed some hard core knife crumbling through the dried paint on top action). So yeah, not a Turner prize things, but it would look nice in the kitchen or something:


I call it: "Carnations, Teapot & Paul McCartney singing" - oil on canvas (he was, Lennon, Scott Walker and Rufus Wainwright sometimes too, but McCartney mostly). Creativity at its utmost. I've got more canvas still, so beware.

I'm feeling somehow impaired. I wish I could draw happy careless smiley faces. Or I wish I could draw this, or that, or that. Never what I actually do, grass is always greener on the other side. Probably the most creative non-commission things I do is life drawing with former college classmates in Starbucks. Here; photoshop one-layer 'painting' based on our last 'session':


Ages ago I had a very best, special friend. Among many things that we annoyed each other with, she would comment on how ridiculously weird compositions I always choose, with the main subject somewhere on the side, often cropped half way in and out of the frame. And that's right, I do that so often, don't know why. Don't know if that's good or bad, it seems that's the way my brain sees stuff. It feels natural that way. Weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment