by Leszczynska

mastermind

I'm an artist and freelance animator living in Edinburgh, Scotland.
For the portfolio of my work visit: willanimateforwine.com

4/08/2012

9079 /P. Gauguin:1897

I love history, I believe that knowing origins of things helps comprehending them. Both on personal level of one's feelings, and in general: socially, politically, economically: tomorrow's a result of today, that's a result of yesterday.
I don't want to dismiss yesterday.
Whether we like or not, we've been created by the culture of this and that.
Whether I'm to be proud of this heritage or not, I want to respect it.

It makes me feel a bit lonely in the world that's looking mostly into producing the force to drive the today. On the other hand, it is a form of carpe diem (ironically, such unpopular knowledge as of latin and ancient history required to describe it...). It's all great, but god*, don't let us become a generation that came from nowhere, or we may be going nowhere too.

Chocolate sickens me more than burning incense used to when I was little.

*figuratively, in spite of the traditionalistic tone of this note, and Easter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment